Subject: Re: 3c509 again
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@ensta.fr>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@Plexus.COM>
List: current-users
Date: 06/29/1994 23:10:47
While we're on the topic of the 3c509, I can't get this blasted thing to
run for more than about 10 minutes before the "send packet" routine
wedges.  I am not even sure how to go about debugging this problem, and
I'm not very proficient with ddb (at least not yet) if that's the first
step I need to take anyway.  I've got

Micronics 486DX2-66 ISA/VLB main board
12MB RAM
VLB IDE card of unknown origin
Paradise Accelerator+ VLB SVGA

and (of course) a 3C509.  I use a 503 as my backup network connection,
but it's frustrating because during the initial time that the 509 works,
it's _loads_ faster.  Can anybody with a similar configuration let me
know if you have (or recently had) any problems with the driver?

Thanks in advance...

--scott