Subject: A binary snapshot, just one, please?
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@panix.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/18/1994 11:49:40
I don't mean to be too pushy about this, but the last (May 2) binary snapshot
seems to have been removed from ftp.iastate.edu, and there doesn't seem to be
one on sun-lamp, either.

Could someone _please_ take mercy on those of us who've managed over the
course of recent time to hose our machines past simple recovery and put one up
for FTP?  Of course, a corresponding generic kernel (including 586, if you
please) would be just as appreciated, if not more so.  In fact, a most-current
kernel-copy floppy would save at least my ass, and probably those of others.

I know there are 50 gazillion people out there building the tree for
themselves.  Couldn't someone give us stupid ones out here who broke our
ld.so, et al.  (and I know I'm not the only one!) a hand?

Thanks,

Thor