Subject: Well, THAT was interesting.....
To: None <netbsd-current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Dave Burgess <burgess@s069.infonet.net>
List: current-users
Date: 06/17/1994 19:45:38
Hi all,

I have been playing with the new kernel.

I am definitely having problems with the 'new' file system structure.
The biggest problem I am having so far is that the 'fsck -c 2' that is
supposed to change my file systems to the 'new and improved' filesystem
causes my system to hard reset.  I have gotten around most of the
problems with the symlinks all dying, but I still have trouble from
time to time with the system spontaneously rebooting.

It is really pretty spectacular.  It has been a LONG time since NetBSD
hard reset my system.  I needed to build a new kernel to use the tape
drive, and hadn't updated the kernel since about three weeks ago.

Anyway, if anyone has a clue (clues for the clueless....) drop me a
line and let me know what is dying here.