Subject: problems printing binary files
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: None <carlson@lll-winken.llnl.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 06/17/1994 16:22:05
        I am having problems using lpt0 with a HP Laserjet II specifically
with binary (PCL) files.  There appear to be dropped characters in the
output that cause the printer to misinterpret the PCL file (graphics areas
turn into odd character sequences).  The same hardware platform (486/33) and
printer work ok under dos and SCO/ODT.  If I send the file multiple times,
the problem appears in similiar but not identical places in the file. Has
anyone else run into a problem like this, and if so what do you discover?

	My config line for the printer is:

device          lpt0    at isa? port "IO_LPT1" irq 7

	Thanks!
joe