Subject: argh... someone got a current kernel for me?
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Luke Mewburn <lm@rmit.edu.au>
List: current-users
Date: 06/17/1994 22:34:43
Being a total doofus I install stuff from /bin before updating the
kernel. ls & sh & others now crash. Updating ld didn't help. I think I
need a new kernel. (I can't recompile config - ld hates me)
If anyone has a kernel which is fairly generic compiled off fairly
recent (<2-3 days) sources, could they upload it to the incoming
dir of ftp.cs.rmit.oz.au and mail me. If you have an ethernet card
line like: ed0 @0x300 irq9 mem 0xd0000 it could be useful too (since
I'm remote at the mo') but it's not that desparate - I'll just go in
tomorrow (saturday) and `taka' (the sound the keys make :) away at the
console with a new kernel till I fix things up.

TiA, Luke.

PS: the rest of the system was `current' upto when mycroft said ``the
system is getting FS changes - it may be unstable for a while'' last
week.