Subject: What does POSIX say about this?
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
List: current-users
Date: 06/14/1994 09:30:34
I have no POSIX spec of any kind, so I'd appreciate if someone looks
my question up.

What should a F_UNLCK fcntl SET_LK op return if we're unlocking a non-locked
area?  NetBSD, SVR3 & SVR4 returns 0 and just ignores the op.  Linux returns
EINVAL.  Who is right, in terms of POSIX-compliance?  If you got an answer
please refer to chapter & verse of some POSIX doc.

BTW, is any version of POSIX specs available publicly on-line?

Niklas

Niklas Hallqvist	Phone: +46-(0)31-40 75 00
Applitron Datasystem	Fax:   +46-(0)31-83 39 50
Molndalsvagen 95	Email: niklas@appli.se
S-412 63  GOTEBORG, Sweden     mcsun!seunet!appli!niklas