Subject: savecore, gcc
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Frank van der Linden <vdlinden@fwi.uva.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 06/13/1994 23:24:15
savecore currently doesn't compile anymore (not sure if this was announced,
because of the filesystem changes, but I don't remember reading it).

It seems to want to use the file zopen.c from /usr/src/usr.bin/compress,
but it's not there.

Also, in the Makefile in /usr/src/include, the subdirs to copy to
/usr/include/sys have been corrected (ufs/*/*), but the old ufs/*
is also still there, causing tar to give a warning once (but no
harm is done).

Lastly: as someone else already noticed: -O6 is used for kernel
compiles now. Since it can be seen in the gcc sources that anything
>= 2 for the optimization level is the same as 2, I wonder why this
is being used?

- Frank