Subject: Re: log-structured file system
To: Greg Cronau <gregc@edi.com>
From: Drew Hess <dhess@CS.Stanford.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 06/11/1994 12:13:46
I meant to post this a few days ago but forgot.

The original paper that discusses the Sprite operating system's
log-structured filesystem (LFS) is:

	"Design and Implementation of a Log-Structured File System"
	M. Rosenblum and J. Ousterhout
	Proceedings of the 13th ACM Symposium on Operating System Principles
		-and-
	ACM Transactions on Computer Systems, Feb. 92

The copy that I have is, I think, a copy of the original Berkeley tech
report, so I'm not positive that the paper can actually be found in the
two journals noted above, but if you can't find them there send me e-mail
and we can arrange something.   It's also possible that the paper is among
Berkeley's on-line tech reports.

-dwh-
dhess@cs.stanford.edu