Subject: Re: tcp options problem?
To: Tim Chase <tim@introl.introl.com>
From: Thorsten Lockert <tholo@SigmaSoft.COM>
List: current-users
Date: 06/10/1994 19:35:35
> I've noticed with recent kernels that I'm getting a lot of wierd looking
> tcp options send with every packet when telnetting or rlogging to another
> NetBSD system.  Has anyone else seen this?  I discovered it because it really
> slowed down interactive performance over a PPP link.  Is it a bug?

Would any of the ends of your PPP link be the KA9Q software?  If so, try turning
off header compression and see if that helps; I've seen a bug in KA9Q that does
this kind of mangling on TCP headers when running with compressed SLIP or PPP.

Thorsten
--
Thorsten Lockert  | postmaster@bbb.no   |
Postbox 435       | hostmaster@bbb.no   |  Universe, n.: