Subject: file system update
To: None <current-users>
From: Charles Hannum <mycroft>
List: current-users
Date: 06/08/1994 00:50:35
I am about to commit the 4.4 file systems to the source tree.  Among other things,
we gain clustering.

I've done a fair bit of debugging in this code, and I think it should be fairly
stable, but we'll see.  If you notice any problems with the file systems after
tonight's update, please tell me ASAP, preferrably including a way to reproduce it.

*PLEASE NOTE*:  I have not yet finished the conversion of msdosfs to the 4.4 vnode
op interface, and it's possible that backward compatibility with the old `options
FASTLINKS' is not done correctly yet.  I need to think about both of these some
more, but I don't have any time for it until after Usenix is over.

Also note that LFS is seriously buggy.  I've fixed some problems, but it has a lot
of others.  I would not advise trying to use it.

Finally, note that there have been a number of changes, some small and some not,
from the 4.4-Lite code.

(Honestly, unless you really, *absolutely* need this code *right fucking now*, I
would suggest waiting till around this time next week to updates kernels.)