Subject: compiling ps on current 2-June
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Geoff Lamb <gsl@mlb.dmt.csiro.au>
List: current-users
Date: 06/08/1994 17:27:06
Hi,

I have a small problem.

I have the latest binary i386 Binary distribution installed and wanted a new
kernel so I got the latest (June 2) src and compiled.

Now when I do a /bin/ps I get:
	ps: proc size mismatch (got 10812 total, kinfo_proc: 604)

So I compile /usr/src/bin/ps but it bombs out giving me this error:
--------------------
cc -O -I/sys   -c devname.c
cc -O -I/sys   -c fmt.c
cc -O -I/sys   -c keyword.c
cc -O -I/sys   -c nlist.c
cc -O -I/sys   -c print.c
print.c: In function `tname':
print.c:323: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
print.c: In function `longtname':
print.c:344: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
cc -O -I/sys   -c ps.c
cc  -static -o ps devname.o fmt.o keyword.o nlist.o print.o ps.o -lm -lkvm
kvm_proc.o: Undefined symbol _sysctl referenced from text segment
kvm_proc.o: Undefined symbol _sysctl referenced from text segment
kvm.o: Undefined symbol ___fdnlist referenced from text segment
*** Error code 1

Stop.
--------------------

Any suggestions? I have compiled and installed libkvm and libm.

Another question. Why are there no files in /usr/src/lib/libl ?

Thanks in advance

Geoff
--------
 |\/\/\/|  Geoff Lamb, CSIRO Div of Manufacturing Tech,
 |      |  Locked Bag No. 9, Preston, Vic, 3072, Australia.
 |      |  Internet: gsl@mlb.dmt.csiro.au
 | (o)(o)   Phone: 03 662 7795
 C      _)  Fax: 03 662 7851
  | ,___|