Subject: Re: sup fileserver busy blues
To: Tim Chase <tim@introl.introl.com>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- Iowa State University <michaelv@iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 06/01/1994 11:55:04
>I've got a bad case of the busy sup fileserver blues.  Are there
>any functional sup mirrors of sun-lamp?  Any leads including sample
>supfiles would be greatly appreciated.  I've heard rumors that
>the site ftp.iastate.edu is a sup mirror but a quick "telnet
>ftp.iastate.edu 871" proves that not to be so with a "connection
>refused" message.  Maybe that's just its way of saying it's busy?

Ftp.iastate.edu is not currently a sup server.  There are no current
plans to make it into a sup server.  It *is* a complete mirror of
sun-lamp, however, and is updated twice daily.

				--Michael

 Michael L. VanLoon                 Iowa State University Computation Center
    michaelv@iastate.edu                    Project Vincent Systems Staff
  Free your mind and your machine -- NetBSD free Un*x for PC/Mac/Amiga/etc.