Subject: Re: reading sunos disk label
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@mundania.CS.ORST.EDU>
From: (This is my bacque pas, this is my faux pas) <greywolf@autodesk.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/25/1994 11:39:55
NetBSD "talks" to the drives okay, but NetBSD "newfs" and "disklabel"
seem to depend on BSD labels, and almost completely ignore the SunOS
labels.

Of course, "disklabel" could be modified for the SPARC to look at
SunOS labels, translate them inline...no, that would still require
kernel mods.  I will look at supplying said code but:

	- I'm pretty much at a chasm until the next tarballs come out
	  (sounds like I'm tending to a cat), as I have accidentally
	  deleted last week's supdates...

	- My wife and I are expecting release 1.0 of a new dancer/hacker/
	  musician shortly, and anyone with a family will be familiar with
	  the two month loss of sleep.

I'll give it a shot.  If someone else wishes to undertake this, that
would be fine, too.  (Proofing the checksums is gonna be a pain, too.)

--
Make a hacker happy.  Use a *real* OS.

 ________ _____ ____  ________ _____WHO: Greywolf (my nameplate even says so)
/ ___\ _ \ __\ V / \  / /__ \| | __/WHAT: UNIX System Mangler...er, Admin
\ \| |   < _| ` ' \ '` / \/ /|_| _/ WHERE: Autodesk, Inc.  3 Harbor Dr.
 \___|_|\_\__\|_|  \/\/ \__/___/_|  Sausalito, CA 94965 (415) 332-2344 x4219
I'm really a software toolsmith and a musician by trade, but nobody really
needs a software toolsmith much, and the music industry is so cutthroat
that it would probably do me in.  So I do systems administration on the
side as a hobby.  Funny that my hobby finds more work than either of my
professions...