Subject: Re: how to make (sic) relinks faster...
To: None <lm@rmit.edu.au>
From: J.T. Conklin <jconklin@netcom.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/20/1994 22:38:25
> I seem to be doing `make' from the top of the src tree a bit, and
> when most of the code just needs to get relinked in with the slightly
> changed libc, or whatever, I notice that programs with 1 source
> file get compiled...

I've made a similar change to the make macros in my local source tree;
I've been doing a lot of libc hacking lately, and don't like having to
wait for the same files to be compiled over and over again.

The time savings more than makes up the few extra K in disk space.  Does
anyone object to changing the behavior of the make macros so that single
source file programs get compiled into object files before linking?  If
not, let's do it.

	--jtc