Subject: getty - problem on a serial port
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Tim Chase <tim@introl.introl.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/20/1994 09:06:13
Hello,

Is anyone using getty on a serial port right now?  This may be
i386-specific, but I don't think I've been able to login using a modem
to my system since getty was changed to use termios.  Actually, the
problem may not be with getty.  After the modem connects, I get the
"NetBSD/ ..." message and the "login:" prompt just fine.  After typing
my login name, however, it prints a line of garbage and is, apparently,
hung.  It's kind of hard for me to debug this since I'm calling into my
home system and I can't tell what's happening on the system.  This is
running a current kernel/getty/login/libutil (but not libc) supped
yesterday night (Thursday).  Any ideas?  Could libc be the culprit?

						- Tim Chase
						  tim@introl.com