Subject: Re: XFree86 binaries for current?
To: Guenther Grau <uunet!ira.uka.de!s_grau@uunet.UU.NET>
From: Lennart Augustsson <augustss@cs.chalmers.se>
List: current-users
Date: 05/19/1994 16:36:15
>    My make is only outputting 4 letters then a space and then the next
>    4 letters,
>
> I can't speak about this problem, because I have no idea what would
> cause it, and honestly, I simply *can't* believe it unless I see it
> happening myself.
I had this problem a while ago.  It turned out to be the version
of echo that is supposed to be on the floppy had gotten
installed instead of the real one.  And this version of echo
had a bug with that exact effect (it said "write(1, *argv, sizeof(*argv))"
instead of "write(1, *argv, strlen(*argv))").

But both the bug in echo and in the installation have been fixed
long (weeks) ago, so I don't know why you get it now.

	-- Lennart