Subject: getrusage() returns bogus values
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: None <Jarle.F.Greipsland@idt.unit.no>
List: current-users
Date: 05/16/1994 12:40:21
Hi, anyone else noticed that getrusage() returns garbage for ru_utime and
ru_stime?  I noticed this when I for once paid attention to what was at the
end of one of my make log files.  I usually do a
% (time make whatever) >& makelog &
or similar, and since the "offending" make job had failed almost
immediately I was a bit surprised to see that it had spent thousands of
seconds in system-cpu-state doing this.....  Someone may want to have a
look at it.

Example output:
% /usr/bin/time ls /tmp
        0.02 real         0.00 user      2078.12 sys

					-jarle
----
"On the business front, UNIX has been under attack from a variety of
 sources, primarily by the nonexistant Windows NT.  Luckily, the UNIX
 vendors have their own nonexistant products with which to answer the
 threat."
			-- Stephen C. Johnson, President (Usenix)