Subject: Everything I compile core dumps....
To: None <netbsd-current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Dave Burgess <burgess@s069.infonet.net>
List: current-users
Date: 05/13/1994 20:24:29
Well, this has been an interesting couple of days.

I rebuilt the kernel last week:

-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  768862 May  8 21:50 /netbsd

Now, whenever I recompile a program, it core dumps with this error:

Bad system call (core dumped)

Any good ideas?

I rebuilt the libraries (are we really supposed to be up to version 11
(/usr/lib/libc.so.11.0)) in the shred libs. I also rebuilt all of the
other standard libraries.

It started with make.  I rebuilt make using the old static library.  It
started to barf.  I then reloaded make from the tar_files, and
proceeded agin from there.  I rebuilt everything the usr /usr/src/gnu
directory tree and tried them before I installed them.  Good thing too.
Every one of them pukes on its shoes.

Now, since I am the ONLY person on the planet that seems to be having
this problem (why is that such a common ocurrance????) I was wondering
what I did (or didn't do)?

OBTW:  The console keyboard hangs on CRON startups are back.  It has
happened twice.  The bad news is that they keyboard doesn't ever return
now.

Color me more confused than usual.