Subject: Re: Perl with -current
To: Brian Moore <ziff@eecs.umich.edu>
From: Luke Mewburn <lm@rmit.edu.au>
List: current-users
Date: 05/11/1994 11:35:00
> Does anybody have perl-4.036 running with -current ( April 23rd sources )?
> I've been trying o get it up and running, but it keeps failing on the 'make
> test' ( on the comp/cpp test and the op/dbm test ).  Any help would be most
> appreciated.

Perl fails the cpp test because you don't have cppstdin in installed.
I usually install it and then run the tests again. You may have to
modify it slightly to use gcc as the cpp. (cppstdin comes with perl.)

As for the dbm tests, hack op/dbm and change the code so it looks for
a single file suffixed with '.db' (instead of '.dir' and '.pag').
This is because netbsd (since 0.8 I think) has used the 4.4BSD db
code to emulate dbm files. If you change the test it should work as
advertised.

lm.