Subject: Problem with gcc from yesterday (5/5/95)
To: current <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: D. Jay Newman <jay@qabalah.cac.psu.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 05/06/1994 09:31:20
I suped and tried to make my system again.  I'm running a kernel from
4/29/95.

Everything worked fine until I made and installed /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin.
The next thing I tried to make came out like:

cc -O -DNEWMOVE=12 -c /usr/src/gnu/chess/gnuchess.c
cc: Internal compiler error: program cpp got fatal signal 12
***  Error code 1

Stop.

I believe that I made everything in the correct order:
src/share/mk
src/include
src/lib
src/gnu/lib
src/gnu/libexec
src/gnu/usr.bin

This order normally works for me.

Note: last night, when I first tried to do this, before I did a make clean
on the src/gnu/games, the error seemed to be with "ld" instead of cpp.

I have the latest tar'ed binaries, and will try to recover from them.
--
D. Jay Newman           ! I'm now on the World Wide Web.  To see more
dn5@psu.edu             ! about me (and trade MtG cards), check out URL