Subject: Re: XFree86 2.1 binaries or source patches?
To: Eric S. Hvozda <ack@clark.net>
From: Bakul Shah <bakul@netcom.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/05/1994 16:05:48
I built XFree86-2.1 from scratch last week (kernel as of 28th
Apr).  Any reason why it should not work with a later tarball?  If
you *exactly* follow the usual instructions for installing xFree,
apply the patch from Matthieu(?) and copy a couple of missing
files to include/sys or include/machine (files are in the xfree
package), you should have no problem.  I did have to open /dev/mem
as root before starting the server.

My link is only 14.4Kbps and rather flaky so I am not going to put
up the binaries, atleast until my slip link is up and running, but
I'll be happy to answer any questions.

Bakul Shah