Subject: Re: Mounting NetBSD file systems from PC's with PCNFS
To: Gary Thomas <g.thomas@Data-IO.COM>
From: Greg Cronau <gregc@edi.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/29/1994 01:35:52
Gary Thomas

>I've just installed a CDROM on my NetBSD machine and am trying to export
>it so that some of my friends on PC's can mount it using PCNFS.
>
>Has anyone done this, and if so, what are the tricks.  When we try to
>do a NET USE N: mach_name:/cdrom from the PC we get this error message
>
>NFS039F : The NET USE failed with an internal error code of 1007

I've just been through alittle of this. Have you done the following?:

1.) Built and installed the "pcnfsd" that comes with PC-NFS?
2.) Added the file system you want to mount to the /etc/exports file?
3.) Added the keyword "NFSSERVER" to your kernel config and rebuilt
    your kernal?
4.) Made sure the requisite "nfsd"'s are running?

Gregc@edi.com