Subject: Kernel debugging questions
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: None <Mark_Weaver@brown.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 04/27/1994 09:18:31
Two questions:

 1. Is there a way to specify a timeout for the DDB prompt, after which
    the machine will automatically reboot?
 2. Is there a way to make the kernel dump core before rebooting?

(1) would be very useful to me, and probably others.  If I'm sitting
at console, I'd like to be able to get some info before rebooting, but
if I'm away from home using my machine over slip (which I do every
day), I'd like to have my machine come back up automatically after 10
minutes or so.

I know that (2) is supposed to be possible by reserving a partition
for the image, but I'm not sure whether it currently works, or how to
set it up.

	Mark
Email: Mark_Weaver@brown.edu           | Brown University
PGP Key: finger mhw@cs.brown.edu       | Dept of Computer Science