Subject: Re: Aliens ate my wd8013
To: None <mycroft@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
From: Noses <noses@oink.rhein.de>
List: current-users
Date: 04/27/1994 00:31:20
> I'll look into this.  But frankly, this strikes me as a really good
> reason to not buy SMC cards.  You'd think the software that comes with
> it should be able to reset it!

Well, I'd really like to know how software should be able to repair broken
hardware... Even if you don't believe it: A friend of mine took a closer
look at my dead WD8013 and told me that about half of the card was fried.
And I'm sure that it happened after I booted that generic kernel a second
time. (But you're right: I can understand that it is possible to ruin a
monitor using wrong vga settings but whoever designed that ethernet card
should have a few of them for breakfast...)

Achim