Subject: Re: VLB NE2100 Card HELP!
To: None <mycroft@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
From: Robert L. Shady <rls@zeus.id.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/26/1994 18:41:16
> How do you talk with the card, if not through DMA?  And how can it be
> called `NE2100 compatible' if it doesn't do DMA?

That was my thoughts exactly, but the technician claims it to be an
"autoscanning" device, or something similar, and since it is a local
bus controller, it doesn't need the DMA channel.  You only need to
specify IRQ & Port address.

Details:
	Mitron LX-2100v
	===============
	VESA VL-Bus specification
	High perfomance peak transfer rate of 132 Mbyte/Sec at 33Mhz
	32-Bit Bus Master
	Microwire EEPROM interface supports jumperless design
	RJ-45 port for Unshielded twisted pair cable (10Base-T)
	BNC port for thin ethernet (10Base-2)
	Conforms to ISO 8802-3 (ANSI/IEEE 802.3) standard
	10 MBps transmission rate using CSMA/CD method
	Support for IRQ 3, 5, 10, 15
	I/O Base address : 200h - 3FFh (per 20h offset)

	Chipset
	=======
	PCnet-32 AMD AM79C965KC 40485HX A1

Lemme know if there is any hope..  Cost me $86 a piece.