Subject: _revarp_whoami still a problem
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: James M Chacon <jmc@cis.ksu.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 04/26/1994 08:25:10
Attached below is my config file for my general kernel rebuilds. I noticed
that checks got added into icu.s for having INET defined and no ether's.
(i.e. a slip only link). Well, this check also needs to occur in
nfs_vfsops.c as well in nfs_mountroot since otherwise it'l get an
undefined symbol there from revarp_whoami.

I just added

#include "ether.h"
#if ETHER > 0

Right after the function declaration and everything links fine now. This
seems kinda gunky to be put in the generic nfs code, but unless a DISKLESS
option gets added its something that will have to be there.

James

-- Cut Here --
# architecture type and name of kernel; REQUIRED
machine		"i386"
ident		QUIX

# different CPU types; you must have at least the correct one; REQUIRED
cpu		"I486_CPU"

# make the kernel a little faster; will break on some machines
options	DUMMY_NOPS

# temporary kluge while adding support for non-contiguous physical memory
options		MACHINE_NONCONTIG

# time zone RTC is expected to be set in; REQUIRED
timezone	6 dst

# estimated number of users
maxusers	32

# maximum number of file descriptors per process
maxfdescs	2048

# paging of processes, and caching vnodes and devices; REQUIRED
options		SWAPPAGER
options		VNODEPAGER,DEVPAGER

# system call tracing, a la ktrace(1)
options		KTRACE

# FIFOs; RECOMMENDED
options		FIFO

# System V-like message queues
options		SYSVMSG

# System V-like semaphores
options		SYSVSEM

# System V-like memory sharing
options		SYSVSHM
options	SHMMAXPGS=1024		# 1024 pages is the default

# UFS
options		FFS

# memory file system (shares memory and swap space)
options		MFS

# Sun's Network File System
options		NFSSERVER
options		NFSCLIENT

# MS-DOS file system
options		MSDOSFS

# /dev/fd
options		FDESC

# kernel file system; RECOMMENDED
options		KERNFS
options		LOFS
options		PROCFS

# various types of networks and protocols
options		INET

# kernel debugger
options		DDB

options		DIAGNOSTIC
options		"COMPAT_43"
options		"TCP_COMPAT_42"

config		netbsd	root on wd0 swap on wd0

#buses
controller	isa0

#console
device		pc0	at isa? port "IO_KBD" tty irq 1 vector pcrint

#serial ports
device		com0	at isa? port "IO_COM1" tty irq 4 vector comintr
device		com1	at isa? port "IO_COM2" tty irq 3 vector comintr
device		com2	at isa? port "IO_COM3" tty irq 5 vector comintr

#parallel ports
device		lpt0	at isa? port "IO_LPT1" tty irq 7 vector lptintr

#non-scsi disk controllers
controller	wdc0	at isa? port "IO_WD1" bio irq 14 vector wdintr
disk		wd0	at wdc0 drive ?

#non-scsi floppy controllers
controller	fdc0	at isa? port "IO_FD1" bio irq 6 drq 2 vector fdintr
disk		fd0	at fdc0 drive ?
disk		fd1	at fdc0 drive ?

#Sound Blaster
device          sb0     at isa? port 0x220 irq 9 drq 1

#math co-processor
device		npx0	at isa? port "IO_NPX" irq 13 vector npxintr

# psuedo-terminals; REQUIRED for remote logins and many other things
pseudo-device pty	32

# loopback; RECOMMENDED
pseudo-device loop

# used by kernel for logging messages; gateway to syslogd
pseudo-device log

# packet filter
pseudo-device bpfilter	4

# compressed SLIP