Subject: wd or vm problems in today's kernel source
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- Iowa State University <michaelv@iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 04/20/1994 17:49:05
The kernel I built yesterday (from yesterday's sup) is running just
fine.  The kernel I built this morning from this morning's sup,
besides the vn problem, also dies in wdstrategy whenever it syncs
(shortly after booting).  DDB gives me this:

	wdstrategy: controller inactive
	vm_fault(f83cc000, 0, 3, 0) -> 1
	kernel: page fault trap, code=0
	stopped at   _wdcstart+0x30: movl %eax,0x48(%esi)

And a trace command gives me:

	_wdcstart(f89924e8, f817d1d0) at _wdstart+0x30
	_wdstrategy ...
	_spec_strategy ...
	_bawrite ...
	_sbupdate ...
	_ufs_sync ...
	_sync ...
	_syscall() at _syscall+0x12f
	--- syscall (number 36) ---

I'm currently running off yesterday's kernel.  I'll see if things work
better tomorrow.

				--Michael

 Michael L. VanLoon                 Iowa State University Computation Center
    michaelv@iastate.edu                    Project Vincent Systems Staff
  Free your mind and your machine -- NetBSD free Un*x for PC/Mac/Amiga/etc.