Subject: Re: tape drives
To: David Bryan Burgess <burgessd@cwis.unomaha.edu>
From: Hannes Deeken <hannes@flinx.RoBIN.de>
List: current-users
Date: 04/19/1994 20:33:57
On Tue, 19 Apr 1994, David Bryan Burgess wrote:

> While it could probably be hammered into NetBSD, it kind of clashes with
> the 'multi-platform' flavor.  I'm not sure that something as completely
> PC specific as a floppy tape drive would even bee a particularly good
> addition to NetBSD.

Sorry, but I don't get it. The driver for the floppy disk interface in
NetBSD/i386 is specific to this port. Where would a modification to support
another PC device clash with the 'multi-platform' flavor? IMHO it doesn't
clash more than, say, PCVT. Or is anyone doing a port of PCVT to the Mac
or the Amiga? ;)

Ciao,
Hannes
--