Subject: Procedure for gcc maiming?
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@panix.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/19/1994 02:10:50
Can someone in the know give me a short lesson on what need be done to
properly maim a gcc distribution to fit in the NetBSD source tree?  Which
symbols need be defined to what and other niceties would also be a help, along
with where to define them, since the standard GNU mechanism for this seems to
have vanished.

This information passed along, I'll be able to make the iGCC 2.4.0
(Intel-worked-over GCC 2.4) distribution available with NetBSD modifications
as needed.  On my Pentium, it makes some FP-intensive code run up to 60%
faster than the stock GCC 2.4.5, and Intel claim up to 15% improvement on the
486 as well.

Thor