Subject: Re: tape drives
To: Donald G. Yuniskis <dgy@mcs.com>
From: David Bryan Burgess <burgessd@cwis.unomaha.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 04/18/1994 21:02:17

> Greetings!
>    When last I checked, the FAQ didn't indicate any support for
> tape drives which hang on the floppy disk controller (or printer
> ports). Has anyone built such a device driver?
>    thx, 1138

As of the last I heard, there wasn't support for such a beast in the NetBSD
kernel.  Nate Williams says that the code in fdc.c on FreeBSD 1.1 has
been majorly re-written to do this.

While it could probably be hammered into NetBSD, it kind of clashes with
the 'multi-platform' flavor.  I'm not sure that something as completely
PC specific as a floppy tape drive would even bee a particularly good
addition to NetBSD.

Dave Burgess