Subject: Re: default built kernels and com4
To: Drew Hess <uunet!CS.Stanford.EDU!dhess@uunet.UU.NET>
From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/12/1994 14:59:39
>From: agc@uts.amdahl.com (Alistair G. Crooks)
>Date: Tue, 12 Apr 1994 08:06:35 -0700 (PDT)

>Any problems during make:
>Well, my system seems to have become spontaneous-reboot prone again.
>There were 4 whilst I was compiling /usr/src/lib/, and all happened
>during the nroff phase on the man pages.

>6.  I ran a make in /usr/src/share, (which was rebooting on me
>before).  That also gave me a spontaneous reboot when run with a
>kernel with DDB in it, and it didn't go into the kernel debugger.

I see one common thread here: groff.  I think that groff is unique in
that it is the only part of the distribution written in C++.  I'd be
interested in seeing the results of you issuing 'setenv NOMAN', then
recompiling /usr/src/lib and /usr/src/share again.
--
Mike Long                                         Mike.Long@Analog.com
VLSI Design Engineer                              voice: (617)461-4030