Subject: small prob w/BT-542B and Viper 2150S
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Jan Morales <jan@homer.filetek.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/10/1994 14:57:53
I have a small problem.  I have a BusLogic BT-542B (BIOS 4.50, firmware
3.31) and an Archive Viper 2150S as target 0, LUN 0.  When the machine
is first powered up or rebooted the SCSI card says the following:

	First hard disk already installed
	Checking for SCSI Target 0 LUN 0

It then pauses for around 45 seconds and then says:

	SCSI Target 0 LUN 0 not found
	Checking for SCSI Targer 1 LUN 0

A couple of seconds later it says:

	Target-LUN 0-0 is ARCHIVE VIPER 150...

From this point onward the bootup process moves ahead and the card and
tape drive work flawlessly, as far as I can tell.  This is not a serious
problem; it's just an annoyance that I don't understand.  Anyone have
any idea what's going on?

Here are some details:

BT-542B: all switches on except bay 1, switch 5
2150S: only jumpers CF0 and CF2 in place
No other SCSI devices
AMI Super Voyager VLB-II ISA motherboard, 486DX33
16Mb RAM
1 450Mb IDE hard disk
1 1.44Mb 3.5" floppy drive (motherboard controller)

Thanks for any help,
Jan