Subject: Re: Printing w/CR's
To: Ken Hornstein <epiwrl!wrl.EPI.COM!kenh@uunet.UU.NET>
From: Robert Shady <rls@zeus.id.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/08/1994 13:38:01
> Nope, it works fine for me; I have a DIP switch on my printer that solves the
> problem quite nicely :-)

I have an Epson Laser that DOES NOT have a switch, I've already thought of
that.  The other problem is the printer is setup on a auto-switch with
some DOS machines, in which case, if I did flip the switch, I would have
to flip it back and forth all the time.

> I guess I have a different view of things than you; with all the gazillion
> different hardware maufactures out there, I expect to have to hack things a
> little to get them exactly the way I want it.  If you want to use a standard
> way, then you could make the necessary changes to lpt.c and see if you get
> the core team to accept them.  If they do, then Voila!  A new standard :-)

If there is no present way of doing this, than hacking lpt.c is not really
a problem.  I already have several other patches to submit to the core
team anyways.