Subject: Re: time for port-ppc?
To: current <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: D. Jay Newman <jay@qabalah.cac.psu.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 04/07/1994 09:08:57
> Count me in as well.  Although it will be several months yet (maybe
> January) before I can afford one, I would kill for one of those
> PowerMacs. :-)  I wouldn't be much help at first, not owning a machine,
> but I'd still like to keep up on progress and such.

Even though I'm employed primarily as a Macintosh programmer, I would
*much* rather see a port concentrate on the Power PC Reference Platform
(PReP) machines that will come out.  While offering less fun stuff than
the average Mac, they should have a better level of hardware compatability,
and be cheaper.

I would rather that my next machine was a PowerPC than an i4/586.  :-)
--
D. Jay Newman           ! I'm now on the World Wide Web.  To see more
dn5@psu.edu             ! about me (and trade MtG cards), check out URL