Subject: Re: PCVT
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@zappa.Ruhr.DE>
List: current-users
Date: 04/06/1994 13:38:01
> Okay, I love the support for PCVT, but EVERYTIME I switch VT's I get
> a SILO OVERFLOW.  Anybody else had this problem?  Is there a fix, or
> do I have to go back to PC-CONS/SCREEN Combo..

You can still go for the syscons solution.  It works fine for me
since I abandoned tcsh.
I still don't understand how a console not capable of vt100/vt52
has made its way into BSD.
pc3 was not nice but it somehow worked with systems knowing vt100.
Most of the systems I use don't know a shit about vt220.  So I
refused to go the pcvt way until it supports vt100.  Installing pc3
termcap/terminfo on machines not supervised by me was hard enough...

Cheers
	Oskar