Subject: weird stuff building X programs
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- Iowa State University <michaelv@iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 04/05/1994 23:44:40
My system is mostly running happily with the 040394 binaries.  But
I've tried to build a couple X applications and they all get a
Segmentation Fault when I try to run them.  Normal (non-X) programs
that I've built seem to work ok, but new X programs die like this.
Old X binaries that existed before the Big Event are working fine.
I'm running with X libs that I built from XFree86-2.1 source in the
middle of March.  Is this a known problem, or one someone can explain
to me?  My kernel was built this morning from the latest sup sources.
Clues gladly accepted.

				--Michael

 Michael L. VanLoon                 Iowa State University Computation Center
    michaelv@iastate.edu                    Project Vincent Systems Staff
  Free your mind and your machine -- NetBSD free Un*x for PC/Mac/Amiga/etc.