Subject: ar,ranlib,ld
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Andrew Wheadon <andrew@wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de>
List: current-users
Date: 04/04/1994 08:13:19
It looks like I've been caught by the ld,ar,ranlib problem too.
I've backed up some _old_ ones, and can now recompile a kernel,
with them, but any programs I compile either produce no output
or have a segmentation fault. (i.e. some lib problem) but if I
recompile ar, ld, or ranlib then the files produce produce no
output either.

Side note:
pcvt doesn't give me 24 lines if I try to edit a file and Ctrl-F
doesn't work but if i use 'j' then the other lines appear.
ps doesn't work either but thats because of the new kernel and
recompiling doesn't work because of above problem.

Cheerio.
btw. I tried the binaries from arch/i386 but they are shared bins.
How about some static package containing 'ld,ar,ranlib cc etc.' ?

Any hints ?
--
The cost of living hasn't affected it's popularity. (unknown)
current	release=doc host=wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de hostbase=/src base=/usr \