Subject: A New i386 snapshot...
To: None <current-users>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd>
List: current-users
Date: 04/03/1994 22:40:12
is now available, and will go out with SUP the next time the
sup scan runs to completion (i.e. hopefully tonight.  If not,
tomorrow).  I'm also going to be making the weekly tar-balls
(which didn't get updated over the weekend) tomorrow afternoon.

anyway, the current source tree seems to work fine.
the new compiler compiles, the new linker links, etc.
I've tested out awk, etc., and things *seem* to be OK.

For people who'd already upgraded their user-land binaries
since the off_t changes:
	(1) upgrade again within the next 2 or so weeks,
		or your life may be difficult after that...
	(2) be sure to do the 'make ranlib and ld, install
		and then make new libraries' thing again.
		(see previous current-users mail for details...)

anyway, sorry for all of the hair, and the delay in getting
new, working binaries out there...  8-)

later,

chris