Subject: tip with 27Mar94 tar ball sources
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Eric S. Hvozda <ack@clark.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/02/1994 11:42:20
I must be a fool :-)

I can't seem t oget tip to work, but I;ve done soem home work:

1st it appeared that it was simple ownership problem (/var/spool/lock
was not owned by uucp.dialer), but after fixing that I keep getting
`link down`.

From examination of tip.c this happens when hunt returns -1.  That appears
to happen when open(cp,O_RDWR) fails.  So at that point I made /dev/tty00
world readable and writable for fun.  It still fails.  So my question is:

Is there something very wrong here (like in com.c)?
Did I overlook something? (checked perms and ownership, i need more ideas)

All I want to do is be able to type at and get OK back from my modem, really :)