Subject: Re: More current problems
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- Iowa State University <michaelv@iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 04/01/1994 00:41:50
I wrote:
>> I can't build new libraries...
>>
>>     ranlib libc.a
>>     *** Signal 11
>>
>> I can't link new binaries...
>>
>>     cc   -o ranlib archive.o build.o misc.o ranlib.o touch.o
>>     ld: malformatted header of archive member in /usr/lib/libgcc.a
>>     *** Error code 1

Mark Weaver replied:
>Paul said that ld is still broken because of the off_t change.  ranlib
>was fixed for 940331.
>
>Here are working binaries for ld and ranlib, from current-940321.
>
>Email: Mark_Weaver@brown.edu           | Brown University

Mark was quite gracious to send me a working ld and ranlib from March
21 current.  I've placed these two binaries on ftp.iastate.edu in
/pub/netbsd/misc/ in case others are suffering the same problems as
me.  Feel free to pick up a copy of these and stow them in a safe
place.
				--Michael

 Michael L. VanLoon                 Iowa State University Computation Center
    michaelv@iastate.edu                    Project Vincent Systems Staff
  Free your mind and your machine -- NetBSD free Un*x for PC/Mac/Amiga/etc.