Subject: Problems with new scsi stuff
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: None <Mark_Weaver@brown.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 03/31/1994 17:48:21
I have a 525mb SCSI tape drive, which used to work perfectly on
NetBSD-current-940321.  Now (current-940330), if I try to do:

	mhw ~/tst % tar cf /dev/rst0 a

it writes:

	tar: can't write to /dev/rst0 : Input/output error

to the stderr, and:

	st0: bad request, must be between 0 and 0

to console.  I have verified that the tape is not write-protected.

Here's the SCSI section my config file:
controller      uha0    at isa? port 0x340 bio irq 11 drq 5 vector uhaintr
master          scsibus0 at uha0
device          sd0     at scsibus0 slave ?
device          sd1     at scsibus0 slave ?
device          sd2     at scsibus0 slave ?
device          sd3     at scsibus0 slave ?
device          st0     at scsibus0 slave ?
device          st1     at scsibus0 slave ?
#device         cd0     at scsibus0 slave ?
#device         cd1     at scsibus0 slave ?
#device         ch0     at scsibus0 slave ?
#device         ch1     at scsibus0 slave ?

I have a scsi hard disk attached to the same controller which is
working perfectly.  It has my root, swap, and /usr partitions on it.
The controller is an Ultrastor 34F VLB.

Any ideas?

	Mark
Email: Mark_Weaver@brown.edu           | Brown University