Subject: Help required: no lib crypt installed after make install in /usr/src
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Eric S. Hvozda <ack@clark.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/31/1994 10:09:42
Well I did get everything compiled.  But now I have a teeny problem.  It
appears libcrypt was not installed.  The procedure I used was:

cd /usr/src/usr.sbin/config
make && make install
cd ../../share/mk
make && make install
cd ../../include
make && make install
{build, install, and reboot with new kernel}
cd /usr/src/lib
make && make install
cd ..
make && make install

After this process, it seems that libcrypt never made it.  I got the dummy
libcrypt stuff :-(  This was kinda a problem because the machine had
/dev/console marked as unsecure, but I was able to use some hacked boot
floppies and mark it as secure, so I can single user now :-)

My question is now, is the above procedure correct?  The /usr/src I compiled
was fro mthe 27mar94 tar balls on sun-lamp (90% sure on that, iastate didn't
have the new stuff then I don't think).

If that was the right way to go about this, what didn't I do to get libcrypt
on?  Did I forget soemthing?  Do I need to get the libcrypt source seperately?

Oh yeah, the Makefile I have in /usr/src is from cgd's post earlier this week.

Ideas? :-)

BTW, I have a pms.c I used under 0.9 which works with -current no problem.
Could we get this in the source tree?  The pms.c which is out there is stated
(At least in the 19Mar94 ALL file when I looked last) as BROKEN.  This one
seems to work fine...