Subject: Re: if_ep not working...?
To: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@zen.void.oz.au>
From: Herb Peyerl <Herb.Peyerl@sidney.novatel.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 03/30/1994 18:32:50
: I'm afraid it only has aui/utp.  Which is lucky as I have no idea
: whether there is a config diskette for the machine handy...
: I did try all sorts of combinations of link0,link1 but none appeared
: to work.

hmm.. Then it *should* work. I personally don't have any
cards with just 2 connectors but someone reported that it
worked for them a while back (who were you? speak up? :-> )

: In anycase epwatchdog should be reporting lack of interrupts...

On the contrary; epwatchdog isn't used since there really aren't
any occasions off the top of my head that would require it given
that the driver doesn't get an interrupt on the successful transmission
of a packet.

I suppose I could think of 1 instance where epwatchdog *might*
come in handy and that's in the case of the FIFO never becoming
empty enough to transmit a waiting packet.  Minor stuff...

In any event I suggest you try to find a xcvr somewhere and plug it
into the AUI port just in case the packets are falling on the floor
instead of coming out the UTP port. (this is for diagnostics purposes)

Put in spurious printf()s to see if you can figure out what's going
on.

Otherwise; I am without clue and currently without time.

H.

hpeyerl@novatel.ca                           |  NovAtel Commnications Ltd.
hpeyerl@fsa.ca                               | <nothing I say matters anyway>
       <NetBSD: A drinking group with a serious computing problem!>