Subject: XFree86-2.1 on 19Mar94 -current
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Eric S. Hvozda <ack@clark.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/27/1994 17:50:01
I know this was asked awhile back, I didn't notice an answer, maybe I
missed it....

I got my kernel to build on the 19Mar94 -current binaries and src, but
XFree86 2.1 says it doesn't have X support (it does have XSERVER, and
UCONSOLE in it tho (I built my kernel config up from ALL)).

Am I going to have to get more recent source and recompile everything?  Or
can I get away with just pcons.c or something?

Also, helios is not on the net, but I'd like to be able to sup from
this solaris box.  Is anyone out there doing this?  Suggestions of how
to do this?

I 2nd the comments on wd.c, great work charles!

Hell I dunno if it's -current or wd.c, but kernel compiles are PDQ these
days...

Also, if I wanted to rebuild everything, I see that source takes about
105 Mb.  How much additional space is required for the binaries and object
files?  50 Mb?  75 Mb?

If there is a document detailing all of this somewhere, tell me to shut up
and point me at it :-)