Subject: Re: STREAMS - any plans?
To: Adam Glass <glass@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: John F. Woods <jfw@ksr.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/21/1994 10:09:35
> Mike Karels (now of BSDI) has wanted to do a BSD-streams
> implementation for some time, but I don't believe he has started.

Heh.  If there's actual interest, I did half of a UNOS-streams implementation
that I could recycle...  (I broke off before doing multiplexors (GAG), because
the powers-that-were decided that UNOS was effectively dead [though, truth to
be told, it has been coughing up blood quite happily for about 4 years after
than point...])

As I said before, the real work is in the hundreds of ill-designed modules
that accompany STREAMS implementations, unless one is just looking for a
research vehicle.