Subject: Re: S
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@postgres.berkeley.edu>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- Iowa State University <michaelv@iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 03/20/1994 13:53:26
>>Sounds like
>>there's still some corrupted files in the vm section. :-)
>
>actually, i don't think so.  diffing against last week's
>files would show you something interested...  exactly three
>things changed:
>	(1) indentation/spacing on some of the macros
>	(2) capitalization of some of the macros
>	(3) the locations in the headers of some of the prototypes
>		and/or type definitions (and then, not in a significant
>		way).
>
>There's nothing significant different between this week's and
>last week's vm code.  (actually, from the looks of it, it should
>compile into the same code!)
>

>cgd

Update: I deleted all my kernel sources and re-supped the whole tree.
Everything is working just dandy with a kernel I built this morning.
What bothered me was that the kernel that died yesterday was straight
from the latest ksrc tar file.  Maybe 1) I had something old laying
around that it grabbed while building, or 2) the scanner somehow
missed a certain file that was important.

Either way, everything is working as advertised now.

				--Michael

P.S. (cgd) the patched route.c seems to be working just fine.  I added
and deleted a bunch of static routes with no crashes.  Thanks.

 Michael L. VanLoon                 Iowa State University Computation Center
    michaelv@iastate.edu                    Project Vincent Systems Staff
  Free your mind and your machine -- NetBSD free Un*x for PC/Mac/Amiga/etc.