Subject: Re: S
To: Michael L. VanLoon -- Iowa State University <michaelv@iastate.edu>
From: Thomas Eberhardt <thomas@mathematik.uni-Bremen.de>
List: current-users
Date: 03/20/1994 08:54:16

> >I am getting this a lot...
> >
> >cc -p -O -DYP -DLIBC_SCCS -DSYSLIBC_SCCS -DPOSIX_MISTAKE -c /usr/src/lib/libc/stdlib/system.c -o s
> ystem.po
> >cc: Internal compiler error: program cpp got fatal signal 11
> >*** Error code 1
> >
> >However, running make again ``fixes'' it.  *sigh*
>
> I am not seeing this (haven't been able to get that far).
>
> >I have been getting these on two machines, one at work and packrat here at home.
> >
> >Others have said they are getting vm_faults or something vm_ish, and I
> >suspect this is related.
>
> I have seen something vm_faultish.  The kernel I built today (from
> this morning's tar files) is pretty much unusable.  Sounds like
> there's still some corrupted files in the vm section. :-)
>
> >This is with a freshly compiled kernel (current as of today), fresh gcc, ld,
> >libs, and include files.
>
> My kernel is new; my tools are a few days old.  I can't get the new
> kernel to run long enough to find the other problem.
>
> I did see something else *very* weird, though.  The new kernel also
> corrupted my hostname.  I know the file it pulled it out of was
> correct.  Here's what it looked like:

I'm using a kernel compiled from saturdays sources and have *NO* problems.
I've compiled a lot of stuff this night running X and two gcc -pipe's
in parallel which caused a lot of paging. Strange...

--
/  Thomas Eberhardt <thomas@mathematik.uni-Bremen.de>  \            Moo!  (__)
| Center for Complex Systems and Visualization (CeVis) |_________/--------(oo)
|     University of Bremen, FB 3, Bibliothekstr. 1     |        * |______||\/
\_o_ D-28359 Bremen, Germany, FAX: +49 421 218-4236 _o_/          ^^     ^^