Subject: Re: kernel builds
To: Michael L. VanLoon -- Iowa State University <michaelv@iastate.edu>
From: Kim Andersen <kim@dde.dk>
List: current-users
Date: 03/19/1994 02:37:54

> Has anyone besides me been having problems building kernels since the
> vm code was mistakenly put in the tree a couple days ago?  I have the
> latest config sources and latest kernel sources.  Yet, I still keep
> getting messages about certain vm files (vm-statistics.h and
> vm-quotes.h or something like that not existing).  Is there still some
> brokennes, or did I break something somewhere?

I was bitten too.
Getting the vm files again on Mar18 helped.
BUT I had to make a real clean in the compile dir.
My current kernel is:
    -rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  466116 Mar 19 00:23 /netbsd

I'm having a few problems with vnode's.
Not sure whether the vm files is the fault, or maybe just the
fact that I haven't tried vnodes before.
No matter which of the examples from the man page I try, it doesn;t work.

regards
kim