Subject: Re: Shared libraries and crypt
To: None <cgd@postgres.Berkeley.EDU, roland@frob.com>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@mbfys.kun.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 03/18/1994 15:28:29
Roland McGrath <roland@frob.com> wrote:
> The biggest benefit I've thought of for crypt being shared, which I
> have not heard mentioned, is that people doing binary distributions of
> things like xdm can stop worrying about US export blah blah hoo hah
> and just distribute a dynamically linked binary.

On the contrary; I would urge all usanians to ignore this stupid regulation,
so that it will be revoked when the powers in force finally realise
how rididulous it is.

And remember: usanian juries may find a defendant not guilty, even if
s/he really broke a law but the jury finds the law unjust. But this
is never pointed out to them. Or at least, that's what I heard.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert       D787B44DFC896063 4CBB95A5BD1DAA96
\X/ There are no lemurs in this post	      rhialto@mbfys.kun.nl