Subject: Re: ATI MACH32 and COM3 conflicting?
To: Robert Dobbs <banshee@gabriella.resort.com>
From: Douglas K. Rand <rand@Aero.UND.NoDak.Edu>
List: current-users
Date: 03/17/1994 08:21:26
** Robert Dobbs <banshee@gabriella.resort.com> on Wed, 16 Mar 1994 22:02:38 -0800
** in [ATI MACH32 and COM3 conflicting?] writes:

Robert> I built myself a new kernel last night with new sources and a
Robert> new config.  However, on boot after detecting wd0, my screen
Robert> flashes and goes black.  This is with an ati graphics ultra+
Robert> card.

I'm having the exact same problem, with -current from 3/15, and I have
a Mach32 Graphics Ultra Pro. I don't know if its at all related, but I
thought I'd expand the statistical univerise a little.

Robert> Paging through the manual, I notice Video port address ==
Robert> 0x2E8 which is the same address netbsd is grabbing as com3.
Robert> Current kernel claims it detects a FIFO chip there.

I do have 3 com ports, but that part of the boot flashes past way too
fast for me to notice the address.

--
Douglas K. Rand                                        rand@aero.und.nodak.edu
System/Network Administrator      Scientific Computing Center -- UND Aerospace